Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Vegas...

I'll make it short. It started off very bad with me losing just about every session I played. Very demoralizing. About halfway through my trip, I did a complete 180 and started doing nothing but winning. Things definitely started going my way. Turning point: played with a bunch of locals at the Suncoast one morning around 1:00 AM and got dealt AA. I got all in before the flop with another player who turned over KK. Flop came K-x-x and I ended up hitting a 6 outer on the river to make broadway and won about a $400 pot. From then on I just went on a tear and won practically every session I played. Overall I think I broke even or finished a little ahead.

One bad part... I played 5 or 6 tournaments but failed to cash in any of them. My very first one at Paris I definitely would have cashed and possibly won but near the end when we were very close to the money I suffered a bad beat against the chip leader and was sent home. I hope to play more tournaments when I get out there and hopefully start doing better.

No comments: